ACADEMIC ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES
Students, who participate in extra-curricular activities, including sports or school-sponsored academic teams, are subject to the No "F" Rule on a weekly basis.
- A student with 1 “F” can still play, practice, and participate with their team or activity. However, s/he must attend a 50-minute tutoring session before or after school with a subject area teacher the week of the eligibility period.
- Students who have 2 “F”s must attend two (2) after-school tutoring sessions during the week, one for each class. Students are permitted to practice with two “F”s. If a student fails to attend tutoring for all subjects, s/he is ineligible for the following week.
- Students who have 3 “F”s must attend two (2) tutoring sessions to become eligible for the following week. These athletes are expected to attend all team practices as non-participants. They will not dress for practice. Instead, they will be required to complete schoolwork on the sidelines or serve as a manager for the team. For games, the student will travel with the team, but the student will not dress or participate in the competition. Instead, s/he will serve as a team manager or maintain statistics, etc. during the event.
- Students who have more than 3 “F”s will attend tutoring but are not permitted to play, practice, or travel with the team under PIAA guidelines.
- Students who frequently fail to meet the academic standards set forth may be removed from the team with administrative approval.
- Students will not be held to the “F” standard in a class for which no grades were entered by the teacher for two (2) consecutive weeks.
If there is a shortened week due to a holiday or weather cancellation, the Building Principal may allow the mandated tutoring to occur during the following week. However, if a grade remains an "F" for a second week, that student must get tutoring twice in that make-up situation.
PIAA PHYSICAL EXAMINATION FORM
A physical is required once per year and re-certification for winter and spring seasons, if the athlete had a physical for the fall season.
The school will offer physicals free of charge 3 times per year prior to each sport season. The dates will be published on the Athletic News page of the website.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL TESTING CONSENT FORM
Form needs to be signed/dated by both parent and student-athlete as well as the school district employee who witnessed the signatures. Must be on file before participation.
LIABILITY WAIVER FORM
Parent or Guardian of participating student athlete must provide health insurance information, check all potential sports the athlete will participate in and sign. Signature must be witnessed by district employee. Must be on file before participation.
All student-athletes must complete a baseline concussion test prior to participating in PIAA athletics.
ATHLETIC HANDBOOK: To view, go HERE
Student-athletes must sign the Athletic Handbook acknowledgement form in order to participate.