Volunteers are welcomed and encouraged to assist in a variety of ways in our schools. However, in order to keep our children safe, all volunteers are subject to legal and administrative procedures set by the Iroquois School District Board of Directors.
Please review Policy No. 916. - Volunteers (found below), which states all requirements necessary for all Volunteers.
Individuals interested in serving as a Volunteer should complete the following steps:
- Print out and complete the District's Volunteer Application Form.
- Obtain the required clearances listed in the policy below and attach copies of each clearance to your Volunteer Application Form. Links to the applications for required clearances have been provided for your convenience.
- Submit everything to the person directly involved with and overseeing the program you wish to work with.
- Upon authorization from the program director/teacher/coach/advisor, approval by the building principal will be sought. Final approval is then decided upon by the School Board at its monthly school board meeting.
- You will not be permitted to volunteer until Board approval is obtained.